Solved! Acer Predator Helios 300 no video anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2018
I am having a very strange issue with my Acer Predator Helios 300. The laptop was working fine however after leaving it off for a week while I was away and now there seems to be no output whatsoever.
Upon turning it on the keyboard lights come on and I can hear all the fans however the screen stays black and when connecting it via HDMI to an external monitor it does not turn on either.
I have tried the small hole point to reset the battery and that seems to have done nothing to fix it. I am not sure where I can go from here.

Solution
The battery would not have anythign to do with this issue.

When you try connecting a TV or monitor you may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
The battery would not have anythign to do with this issue.

When you try connecting a TV or monitor you may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.