Acer Predator vs HP Omen vs Razer Blade 14 1060

TheMeta14

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Solution
I'm no expert, and have no personal experience with either model. But to me it appears that the Omen is based on the chassis used in HP's relatively inexpensive Pavilion (I own one as a spare) line. I've never been particularly impressed by the build quality. It's fine for a cheapie laptop, but I would expect something better for a 2 grand gaming laptop. I'm also not sure of the value of 4K resolution on such a small screen, besides bragging rights. Other opinions may disagree with me on that, though.

On the other hand, while Acer is pretty new to the gaming laptop sector, I've read a few good reviews regarding the Predator line. It certainly is more obnoxious looking than the HP, and I like obnoxious looking laptops, LOL. Also...
I'm no expert, and have no personal experience with either model. But to me it appears that the Omen is based on the chassis used in HP's relatively inexpensive Pavilion (I own one as a spare) line. I've never been particularly impressed by the build quality. It's fine for a cheapie laptop, but I would expect something better for a 2 grand gaming laptop. I'm also not sure of the value of 4K resolution on such a small screen, besides bragging rights. Other opinions may disagree with me on that, though.

On the other hand, while Acer is pretty new to the gaming laptop sector, I've read a few good reviews regarding the Predator line. It certainly is more obnoxious looking than the HP, and I like obnoxious looking laptops, LOL. Also, the Acer has G-Sync, which helps reduce screen tearing.

Obviously, they should both perform pretty much the same when gaming (at the same resolution, especially). But I'd probably take the Acer over the HP.

Solution
how about this one:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8173-clevo-p670rs.html?startcustomization=1 (just under $1600)

or this
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-gl502vs-db71.html?startcustomization=1 (has a 15 inch screen, though)

or if you specifically want a 17 in,
http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt72vr-dominator-pro-257.html?startcustomization=1 (even has a 120hz panel)

all cheaper than the ones you listed, not to mention when it comes to gaming laptops MSI and Asus generally enjoy better reputation than both Acer and HP

TheMeta14

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

I don't really care about screen size, just cooling and a 1070

Liam Ciriacks

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Liam Ciriacks : "HP Omen w/cooling pad or another gaming laptop"

I am in the market for a laptop with a gtx 1070 and I found the HP Omen with a 1070, but i've heard that it has bad cooling, should I get it with cooling or should I get another laptop with a 1070 under 2000 (plz recomend one in the comments)

James_Tran

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016

I just bought the DOG GL552VW 4k and decided to return for 1080P predator 15 g9-593 Msft has scaling issue with 4k system when connect to 1080p ext display. really annoying.