acer v5 won't boot

tullievolf

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I have an acer v5 aspire I bought a couple of years ago. i can't remember the exact model, but it's got a 15'6'' touch screen. a few months ago the left bottom corner (near the power button) shattered. that means that I had absolutely no control over it - it'd open and close programs at random, enlarge them (in tablet mode) and was basically rendered unusable. but it worked when I turned it on and off. I updated it to windows 10 and it did work afterwards, and that's when I turned it off for a few months.
today I wanted to try and salvage whatever was still saved on it. but no luck - it just won't turn on. what can I do? when I say it won't boot - the battery is plugged in, the charger too - usually the adaper would get a little heated up after charging, but now it's cold as if it's not charging anything. there are no lights lit either. the outlet I plugged it in works and I even tried plugging it in other outlets, but it didn't change anything. I tried other adapters as well. still no luck. while it was turned off it wasn't plugged in, so I don't think anything got fried inside... I'd appreciate any help I can get ): plsandthankyou

Solution
First, try removing the battery and then connecting only the charger and see if it will turn on. If there is a problem with the battery, or the charger cord not pulling enough power to run the device and charge the battery, that should solve it.

If this doesn't work, then you do have the option of pulling the hard drive and connecting it to another computer, externally via USB adapter, and reading the drive from there like you would any external drive.
First, try removing the battery and then connecting only the charger and see if it will turn on. If there is a problem with the battery, or the charger cord not pulling enough power to run the device and charge the battery, that should solve it.

If this doesn't work, then you do have the option of pulling the hard drive and connecting it to another computer, externally via USB adapter, and reading the drive from there like you would any external drive.

Solution