Acer's Hornet Device a Wii Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
"But how will Acer's PC stand up to Nintendo and even possibly Microsoft? " I love this little bit right here totally ignoring Sony's existence or as if its a sure fire thing this new Acer product will sell better than the PS3 lol.

If this product is for real and is a PC/Console hybrid this may be the beginning of the end for consoles are we know it. Assuming its well accepted. Consoles have been taking the steps for a while now becoming more and more like a PC I guess it was only a matter of time. I just never guessed Acer would be the first to make the final leap.

Still for $200 can we really expect much specs wise? I highly doubt it.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think it's going to sell to well. Half of gaming is about which company a person supports for no reason. If someone owned a PS1 they most likely own a PS3 now, same with Nintendo and Microsoft.

People are gonna see the Acer name and say "WTF!" i thought they made laptops

G

I bought a ps1 when it came out, never bought ps2 or ps3. I never had a nintendo or super nintendo, but I bought a N64, and wii. I guess I'm not part of the half dedicated to brand loyalty :-\

The platform doesn't need to game IMO, I just want a cheap mediatank that has full functionality (customizable interface and is quick to navigate) and low power. We just need ION platform, and hopefully Acer can help push it out there despite Intel vs. Nvidia court battles.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Acer is the #1 name in making electronic crap at cheap prices that despite their shoddy construction and poor customer service is something you really wanna get your hands on.

cabose369

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
if Acer's build quality for this is as bad as their PC build quality is then Nintendo has nothing to worry about.

This is going to be the next rrod fiasco.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[...] gamers would have the ability to interact with games using only their hands.

Revolutionary!

But on the article itself, it would be interesting to see the actual specs for it. The wiimote-like design seems like a good way to incorporate both a remote and a mouse replacement for a media center pc.

G

Considering you're getting a quiet HTCP that plays back 1080 HD content with nice post-processing for $200, I think the game playability is a nice bonus, but hardly the most compelling application for this box.

Status
Not open for further replies.