Acer's laptop review

adelivuk

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
I'm looking to buy some medium hardware laptop and I ran into Acer's V3-574G. Reading the review it seems to me that it's a good choise.

Specs:

• Processor - Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz
    Graphics adapter - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 4096 MB, Core: 1072-1176 MHz, Memory: 960 MHz, DDR3, 64 bit interface, ForceWare 353.30 (10.18.13.5330), Optimus
    Memory - 8192 MB, DDR3, dual-channel, two memory banks (both filled)
    Display - 15.6 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel, LG Philips LP156WF4-SPL1, IPS, glossy: no
    Mainboard - Intel Broadwell-U PCH-LP (Premium)
    Storage - Kingston RBU-SC150S37256GD, 256 GB, 200 GB free
    Weight - 2.4 kg ( = 84.66 oz / 5.29 pounds), Power Supply: 338 g ( = 11.92 oz / 0.75 pounds)

But I've also read that ACER's laptop aren't very good - article.

Can someone cofirm to me that they are a bad, or if thay are a good choise to buy?

Thanks

Solution
I have a V3-572g that is very similar to the V3-574g. The only difference is I have a Nvidia 840m in mine, but the CPU and ram and stuff are the same. I do like it, battery last a very long time, and it doesn't get too hot.

Here's what I don't really like about it.
-The screen is just okay.
-The build quality is too plasticky and kind of flimsy.
-The lid with the screen can flex easily, especially if you open the laptop from the corner.
-Upgrading ram is a pain. You have to take the whole laptop apart just to replace and/or upgrade it
-The screen on mine cracked for no reason. It's always on a desk and in an open position so I don't know how it cracked. Google it and you'll see it's some what of an issue with Acer laptop. And no...

johnnyb105

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
There like any other laptop out there you have the good with the bad I have had one before it worked fine. Now I dont know what your intended use is but maybe light gaming at most but I wouldnt worry about it much. Its your mid range laptop ....

RoMee187

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
I have a V3-572g that is very similar to the V3-574g. The only difference is I have a Nvidia 840m in mine, but the CPU and ram and stuff are the same. I do like it, battery last a very long time, and it doesn't get too hot.

Here's what I don't really like about it.
-The screen is just okay.
-The build quality is too plasticky and kind of flimsy.
-The lid with the screen can flex easily, especially if you open the laptop from the corner.
-Upgrading ram is a pain. You have to take the whole laptop apart just to replace and/or upgrade it
-The screen on mine cracked for no reason. It's always on a desk and in an open position so I don't know how it cracked. Google it and you'll see it's some what of an issue with Acer laptop. And no warranty does not cover it.

I do agree with the article about Acer's Tech Support, Display, and Audio.

Hopefully v3-574g might be different and might not have these issues.

Solution