Solved! Achieving Surround Sound with additional active subwoofer

Dec 22, 2018
So i have a full hd tv with hdmi arc and spdif and i wanted to have surround sound through my Logitech z506 5.1 system. I dont think the sound coming is actually true surround sound. Moreover i wanted some additional bass so added my car subwoofer to the setup as well, connected both with aux splitter and works perfectly fine. Now i want to achieve true surround sound but i dont have any idea how? Please help.
Subwoofer is a 1200W JBL which i hooked up with comp.Smps and an amp.
Logitech z506: http://

Solution
I like me a Technics SH-AC500D, seen it on eBay as low as usd$50 shipped if ur patience. I have seen lower priced units but the reviews not encouraging.

One feature people seems to always want. If playing stereo source, use all 6 speakers anyway. Every vendor call this by different names, and I don't mean Dolby Prologic (DP sucks), so find a few units that may fit the bill, and dig through the manuals to look for this feature.
Dec 22, 2018

As i mentioned my source is a tv and not a pc so that is a problem, can you tell what devoder could be used and just a little guide to how to achieve it?

I like me a Technics SH-AC500D, seen it on eBay as low as usd$50 shipped if ur patience. I have seen lower priced units but the reviews not encouraging.

One feature people seems to always want. If playing stereo source, use all 6 speakers anyway. Every vendor call this by different names, and I don't mean Dolby Prologic (DP sucks), so find a few units that may fit the bill, and dig through the manuals to look for this feature.

Solution