Activision Puts an End to Guitar Hero Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
It was a great idea and I loved Guitar Hero 3, but after that all the titles sucked and the songs were terrible. I'm happy to see it go.

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]chavo12345[/nom]Decline of music genre my ass! They milked the shit out of that game![/citation]
No kidding. 2009 had... 4 GH titles? It was a quirky but fun game from 2005-2008, and then Activision went apeshit with it. At this point, I'm glad to see the series put to rest. It was becoming as awkward and uncomfortable as watching a 41 year old quarterback trying to extend his career as long as physically possible.

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
it'd be nice if they just released song packs for dlc for the games... to keep up w/ newly released stuff.
I can't see a full fledged game being useful
Anything after 'Guitar Hero World Tour' could have been downloadable content

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]arges86[/nom]it'd be nice if they just released song packs for dlc for the games... to keep up w/ newly released stuff.I can't see a full fledged game being useful Anything after 'Guitar Hero World Tour' could have been downloadable content[/citation]
true. the only way a new music game should ever some out is if they do a rock band 3 like game, introduce (basically) 6 new instruments, 1 of which mimic what the real instoments are, 1 is an easier version of the brand new one, and 3 are basically you play it fake you can also play it real.

in all honesty, the only thing that rockband and guitar hero should have been was one retail release, after than dlc the game engine, and additional music, make the game a real platform, like an mmo (you can buy it once and through patches, its always playable) heres hoping rockband continues in a less milking way, because pro mode is what i came into music games for... 3 more weeks till the guitar comes... cant wait.

hakesterman83

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
They wrecked that game by not allowing you to put your songs all in one file folder from all the game disks onto your hard drive. Very annoying haveing to load all the diffrent disks, also they failed to bring alot of the modern music titles to the game. Another thing i didn't like was the play level from easy to medium, the leaps were too big. They should of implemented a slidder bar to control the game play speed.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It was a fantastic series until Activision sunk its claws into it. The first two games were absolutely phenomenal, and then the rest sucked balls.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Wow this was a real cash cow for them to kill?
They must be looking at some big profits somewhere cause we all know Activision is all about the bottom line.

Infinity Ward anyone?

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]Thank God, I thought these games would never die. I'm so sick of seeing people playing those silly plastic guitar wannabes!![/citation]
The military must be so sick of people playing those silly fps.
Pilots must be so sick of people playing Flight Simulators.
Athletes must be so sick of people playing sports games.

See what I did there?

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
WHAT ? I've always wanted to play that game when I scrape enough bucks for a console or something like that.

Although I think they overloaded the market with new games and spin-offs every year. It's like too much exposure lead to a decline in interest in the franchise. Give a title two-three years, and release a SDK, that's a good way for a franchise to survive.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
It's about time. Activision made fools out of so many people by tricking them into paying hundreds of dollars to play air guitar. For those of you who haven't figured it out yet air guitar is A)Stupid, and B) Free. Go watch South Park if you still don't get it. All of the people who payed so much money to Activision would have been much better off to spend all that money and learn how to play a real guitar.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]vittau[/nom]The military must be so sick of people playing those silly fps.Pilots must be so sick of people playing Flight Simulators.Athletes must be so sick of people playing sports games.See what I did there?[/citation]
musicians have always been a bunch of babies. some things they have legitimate reasons to be mad about, like piracy. they lose respect when they sue fans for millions.
they complain (dragon force in videos explain in detail that its harder to play real over plastic) that people play the music in games.

i despise many musicians because of what aragont asses they are.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]efeat[/nom]No kidding. 2009 had... 4 GH titles? It was a quirky but fun game from 2005-2008, and then Activision went apeshit with it. At this point, I'm glad to see the series put to rest. It was becoming as awkward and uncomfortable as watching a 41 year old quarterback trying to extend his career as long as physically possible.[/citation]

I bet CoD's next.

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]vittau[/nom]The military must be so sick of people playing those silly fps.Pilots must be so sick of people playing Flight Simulators.Athletes must be so sick of people playing sports games.See what I did there?[/citation]

I would +10 if I could.. its a video game - stop whining

Status
Not open for further replies.