Activision Says Things are Still Good at Infinity Ward

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
thats what enron said... everything is good until they finally go bankrupt and fuck peoples lives over and they still deny everything

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
if all goes well, it will die off, all of the staff get new jobs somewhere else, and we wont have to see another abomination like MF2 for awhile (atleast not for PC)..

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Mw2 was a failure because of activision, not IW. certainly not zampella and west.

they were forced to cater to the largest audience (consoles) and discouraged from doing anything 'inovative'. i also hear bringing dead characters back from the dead is something that didn't sit well with the dev team, but activision pull the purse strings.

i honestly believe that the guys who have left IW will start a new dev team, and their first game will be aimed directly at taking COD and activision down. it will be the game they have wanted to make since COD 4 was finished.

simple_inhibition

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Activision Says Things Still Good at Infinity Ward

yep, and thats what the band on the titanic was saying right before it snapped in half and sank. you just cant lose your head (or in this case leadership) and expect to continue to function the same

G

activision are full of crap, they've done a powergrab at blizzard as well. I guess it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens over there.

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
"With much of the veteran leadership having already quit the developer, one can only wonder what the future holds for the Modern Warfare franchise."

This is an innacurate statment, as Activision doesn't own the rights to the MW franchise, West &/or Zampella does.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]"You have studio heads who five years ago didn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a bed sheet who are now arguing allocations in our CFO's office pretty regularly," said the CEO.[/citation]

That doesn't mean that they couldn't learn enough to be able to execute their jobs well enough to rake in the profits that Activision have.
Like most things, there are two sides to this IW thing, and all we've really heard is one part of it. At least Activision's assertion that the IW bosses were courting other publishers and may set up their own company has been proven correct. I wonder what else will come to light that may tarnish the story told by the IW guys...

I like most people, was seriously disappointed by MW2 though. A bunch of non-connected, pathetically short levels badly tied together with a terribly weak storyline DOES NOT a good game make.

Status
Not open for further replies.