Ad hell help

jerica

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Ads, ads, and more ads, I know I must have let them in but it's ridiculous, I cannot see the page I want for all the ads that are there. I've tried several anti virus and anti ads progs to no avail. I've got ad options set to zero but I'm still getting them, mainly ads with powered by name on them somewhere, and I keep getting new pages advertising e-fix or similar anti virus stuff. If I knew how to post jpegs I'd show you what I mean. Please help me before I shoot the computer, thanks.

neieus

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Either you need a better pop up blocker or you've been installing programs and blindly clicking next, continue or OK without actually reading what's being installed. You're going to need to check your add/remove programs and remove tool bar add ons and/or other programs you didn't want installed and pray the uninstaller actually works.

jerica

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
None of the above work, there is no sign of any new toolbars or progs, tried malware and AWD, nothing, hitman did nothing as well, got two on this page as I type, please don't tell me I've got to wipe the drive, I've got 300G of info on it.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Just download whatever web browser you have again, uninstall it hit windows key + R type %APPDATA% check your roaming and local folders for your web browsers folder, once you find it delete it and any other programs you think might be malicious or send a screen shot of both folders if you aren't sure. Once you delete your browser folder and are sure you have nothing else in your folder that isn't supposed to be there run Ccleaner 3 times to get rid of the random junk that the browser and adware left behind in the registry then reboot and install your browser again. If you use IE..... don't use IE. If you still get pop ups try configuring your web browser like this http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3494487/how-block-pop-ups-get-rid-of-pop-ups-in-windows-7-windows-8/

jerica

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
OK, so after a bit of exploring I've found that it is on Firefox and Chrome but not IE, so I've uninstalled the first two and will try reinstalling. One thing where do I find out how to send screen shots? Thanks.

jerica

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Getting beyond a joke, downloaded Firefox from its site and installed it, instant ads, looked closer at one and it had an options button, said all I had to do was uninstall the software or app, neither were found in program files or app manager. Taken Firefox off again as IE still seems to be free of it. Included pic http://imgur.com/mhB2eQg

TRENDING THREADS