Adaptor for TCL Roku smart TV

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
I've found an article that says I can adapt my TCL 32" Roku TV to a bluetooth device (a speaker next to a chair in my case). I'll put the link to the article below my message. I want to make sure that I purchase the right adapter as the article doesn't suggest anything other than, Amazon has an abundance of adapters.

I'll list the specs on my TV w/pics as well. So my question would be, in your opinion, will an adapter work, as the article says, and does Tom's Guide have an adapter they would recommend?

I need help as I have never used a bluetooth speaker, other than my soundbar that works ok, although I still need something to sit next to me be able to hear voices more clearly. I don't want headphones as every pair I've tried bugs me. Any help appreciated, Denise

TCL 32" Class HD (720P) Roku Smart LED TV (32S305)
Pic of connections on back attached:

tv2_zpsjicfirvw.jpg

Solution
Since bluetooth can have a delay, which will cause lip sync problems, you want one that has AptX low latency. Of course you need one that has the correct input to work with your TV audio output. You will need to set the TV to PCM stereo.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

I must have a setting wrong in TG as I didn't receive a notification that I had a reply. I'm sorry about that:( I appreciate your answer very much. I will see if I have the PCM, and if I do, I'll order an adapter w/aptx.

Thank you so much, Denise

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
Hi american,

I looked in my menu and I don't have the PCM, Pulse-Code Modulation, I looked up what PCM meant;) Anyway, I may try a bluetooth speaker, and if it doesn't work with the syncing issue I'll return it. If you have another suggestion, I'll keep an eye on the forum this time. Thank you again for your help;) Denise