Add a Soundtrack to Your YouTube Clips for $1.99

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Isn't using a song in a non-profit personal work considered fair use? It used to be you would just give the original artist credit somewhere, or at most ask for their permission. I would sooner pay an independent artist to compose something original than buy a license to use mainstream music. Plus there are plenty of free MIDI compositions out there, or you can just stick with pre-1923 music in the public domain.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Ive already purchased much of the music that I would use in my videos so no im not buying it again. This is the axact same reason I wont get into games like guitar hero. I already own the music im not buying it again. They can take people to court and harrass their customers but at the end of the day I win and I hold all the cards. I choose to ignore the music and movie industry as a whole till they get their you know what straight.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
2 bucks to include a song on a family video to be hosted by YouTube and shared with family and friends? I like it BUT they need to get a much larger library offering before I would consider using it.

bradlei

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Sounds great! I love making clips for you tube and normally have to pick from the limited range of royalty free stuff out there. 2$ is nothing compared to equipment, software, pc ect & only double the cost to have a form of copyright instead of just owning the song for personal use. Very worth it to have such big selection of songs, Hopefully the other labels will join the party soon. If a video takes off with a unknown song surely that will make more sales too.

G

This is fantastic..cheap enough..Not cheating anyone as far as I can see... Greg at Good Morning Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.