Add an OTA Channel that my Samsung PN51F5300 can’t find during auto programming

jakelson

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
I have a Samsung PN51F5300, and an AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 35 Mile in the coaxial input (not powered). I have the Antenna selected as Air and used Auto Program. It finds most of the channels that are best in my area. However, there is one major broadcaster, ABC (11.1), which it will not find, and I believe is due to a weak signal. I also had this issue on another TV using a similar antenna, and I was able to manually add the channel. It is a weak signal, but still comes through.

Here are my questions. Does this Samsung have the ability to manually add weak signals outside of the Auto Program feature? If so, how do I access it? Please help. I cannot find a solution.

Solution
If the owners manual doesn't mention it then it is safe to assume that your can't add a channel manually. This is not a common feature because if the signal strength of a digital signal is low then it can't be received at all (unlike analog which would come in with noise).
You could try running the channel scan at different times to see if the signal ever gets strong enough. You could try to reorient the antenna. A better antenna is probably your solution.
If the owners manual doesn't mention it then it is safe to assume that your can't add a channel manually. This is not a common feature because if the signal strength of a digital signal is low then it can't be received at all (unlike analog which would come in with noise).
You could try running the channel scan at different times to see if the signal ever gets strong enough. You could try to reorient the antenna. A better antenna is probably your solution.

Solution