add wireless speaker to receiver

davi884

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a Pioneer VSX-42 and want to somehow add a wireless speaker to another room. Is there any way to have my wired speakers and the new wireless speaker play at the same time. I currently use airplay to stream music from my phone to the receiver so I'm looking for a way to stream to all the speakers at once.

You can connect a bluetooth transmitter to the zone 2 audio output and pair it with the wireless speaker. You can now play the same or different sources since each zone is independent. Set the zone 2 volume so it won't overload the input of the transmitter. If its too high you will hear distortion regardless of the volume of the speaker. If it's too low you may get a noisy signal.

davi884

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Hi I just set up a Bluetooth transmitter to the zone 2 output of my receiver and it paired successfully to a Bose soundlink but I can't seem to get any sound our of the Bose speaker. I tried the 3 different volume settings (variable, 40, and maximum) and just get static when I turn the volume all the way up. I'm not really sure if I set up the zone 2 correctly (I don't have much experience with receivers). Can you tell if I'm doing something wrong?