Adding center speaker to a PC.

Aug 14, 2018
Hello, need some advice on center speaker. I have 2.1 as front and 2.0 bookshelfs as rears connected to Xonar AE sound card. Thinking of adding active center speaker but problem is not much choice.
Where I live I was able to find 7 active mono speakers to buy. The best one is this http:// for 25 euros. Another option is to buy single monitor speaker but they are expensive and hard to find one that is not more than 21cm in height.

Is there any way to make center channel output mono to 2.0 speakers or make that mono signal into stereo? Currently center only plays on one speaker as signal is mono and I am trying to find a solution. Speakers for 25 euros don't impress me much :D

Aug 14, 2018

I have enough space above monitor on a shelf for 21 cm height speakers. I have two options to buy 25 euro mono speaker which meh or buy monitor speaker. If I decide to buy center channel speaker I would like to know if there is a way for example make 2.0 system like two bookshelfs both play same mono sound. At the moment only one out of two speakers is used when you plug into center channel.

Aug 14, 2018

So as an example I would buy Edifier Studio R980T 2.0 bookshelf speakers. Then I connect center channel to rca splitter then use 2 male to 2 male rca cable that would connect to the speakers. This will result in center playing on both speakers did I understand that correctly?

From where I live I can buy only few adapters. I could buy a 3.5mm splitter than buy mono 2x male 3.5mm to 2x rca which would plug into left and right speaker sides would that work?