Adding more speakers to my PC. Is it possible?

thenameismc

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Is there to hook up more than just the 5 speakers that I bought for my PC? I got a Logitech set up, but I want to buy maybe three more speakers so that I can have a true surround sound experience, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the extra speakers. IS there a way to add more speakers?

Solution
If you are running 5 speakers from your PC, then that would suggest to me that you may be running 5.1 surround sound? I would not recommend adding more speakers to this setup, as 1) the surround sound would be distorted and not sound correct , and 2) the built in amplifier would not be able to deal with the added load. Also it depends on the sound card. Is your sound output capable of running 7.1?

K.
If you are running 5 speakers from your PC, then that would suggest to me that you may be running 5.1 surround sound? I would not recommend adding more speakers to this setup, as 1) the surround sound would be distorted and not sound correct , and 2) the built in amplifier would not be able to deal with the added load. Also it depends on the sound card. Is your sound output capable of running 7.1?

K.

Solution

thenameismc

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Thank you for your advice. Yes, I'm running 5.1 surround sound right now. Hmmm, I'm not sure if my sound card is capable of running 7.1. How can I go about finding out?

thenameismc

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Great! I'll do that. Thank you. :)