Adding punch to my home theatre

saurabhkum13

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I have Sony BDV N9200 home theatre system, what can I add to it (speakers/sub) to deliver more punch in the audio. Thanks

Solution
Your expectations of an all in one HTS system may be too high.
If you want to improve the bass you could get a self powered subwoofer with speaker level inputs and substitute that for the one that came with the system. You would not want to use both at the same time.
You could try replacing the front three speakers with good ones but since it's impossible to know what the real power output of the system amplifier is you can't be sure what speakers will work with it.
Otherwise you are pretty much stuck with what you got.
That system already has speakers and a sub, what exactly is the issue you are having? According to the specs of the system it has plenty of power to drive the speakers at good volume. Maybe your room or speaker placement needs work. Placing a sub near a wall may help if you want more low end.

Your expectations of an all in one HTS system may be too high.
If you want to improve the bass you could get a self powered subwoofer with speaker level inputs and substitute that for the one that came with the system. You would not want to use both at the same time.
You could try replacing the front three speakers with good ones but since it's impossible to know what the real power output of the system amplifier is you can't be sure what speakers will work with it.
Otherwise you are pretty much stuck with what you got.

Solution

saurabhkum13

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017