Solved! Additional audio input source to Yamaha Rec. cuts off all audio signals out

fatboybraaaaap

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
I have have 2 audio ouput sources that connect to a Yamaha RX-397's AUX[Switcher] & CD/DVD[PC] RCA inputs; (1) program audio out from a 6x2 switcher & (1) PC Audio out from a Dell Optiplex. When my Bluray player audio thru the switcher is playing as it should, I try to connect the Pc's audio and it shorts out and cuts off ALL audio sources into the Yamaha. Wwhhhhhhyyyyhy!!!??? :,(

Solution

It did. But I finally figured out what the issue was. It was a grounding issue but didn't think it would cause what it did just by misplacing a couple wires, AND still have the audio sounding perfectly stereo lol but I hooked up the program audio out of the switcher into the Yamaha going off the usual standard wiring layout of most manufacturers in my industry of: +/-/G/+/- and the switcher brand we just so happened to be using has all their connectors ass backwards and has their audio as: +/G/-/+/G/- , and their pwr as: -/+ instead of +/- lol. Stupid mistake...

fatboybraaaaap

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017

It did. But I finally figured out what the issue was. It was a grounding issue but didn't think it would cause what it did just by misplacing a couple wires, AND still have the audio sounding perfectly stereo lol but I hooked up the program audio out of the switcher into the Yamaha going off the usual standard wiring layout of most manufacturers in my industry of: +/-/G/+/- and the switcher brand we just so happened to be using has all their connectors ass backwards and has their audio as: +/G/-/+/G/- , and their pwr as: -/+ instead of +/- lol. Stupid mistake on my part for not double checking before getting all crazy online.

Solution