Solved! Adjust Bose volume with Panasonic remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayhar

Prominent
May 31, 2020
I have just connected a Bose Solo 5 soundbar to my TX-43FX600B Panasonic Viera TV but cannot control the sound on the Bose through my Panasonic remote control. The Bose has a universal R/C but doesn't cover all the Panasonic functions so it means I've got to use 2 remotes. That may not sound too much of an issue but believe me it gets old very quickly. Are there any clever members in this forum who can explain a way to get my Panasonic R/C to control the volume on the Bose.
Both remotes are IR and I've read that it can be done with a Samsung TV and R/C. I'm afraid that neither Bose nor Panasonic can give me an answer to this so I'm hoping someone on here can. (Apparently there is no code available for the Bose).

Solution
If there is no programming code for the device on the remote the only option may be if the remote has a learning mode. You can also try a Logitech Harmony remote to program for both systems, check their manuals they are very good with working with a wide range of devices.
If there is no programming code for the device on the remote the only option may be if the remote has a learning mode. You can also try a Logitech Harmony remote to program for both systems, check their manuals they are very good with working with a wide range of devices.

Reactions: Rayhar
Solution

Rayhar

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Thanks hang-the-9. I rather thought that might be the answer. I'll have to find out whether the Harmony or One-For-All R/Cs support the other Panasonic button options such as the Home and Netflix buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS