Adobe Demonstrates Stunning Photo Deblurring Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caruda

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
This looks pretty useful to me. I look forward to seeing if it will be as good as it appears. There haven't been too many great improvements in the last adobe suites that are really something to talk about. It would be awesome if they were able to come out with other features besides this one that really make a difference. Nice one Adobe.

nbraybrook

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
You failed to mention that adobe did this on a synthetically blurred image. Meaning its not real camera blur or shake but a photo they doctored. So you have to wonder how good it really works. Hopefully amazing, but thats pretty shitty of adobe...

goldrocker

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
im not sure they're synthetically blurred images, but I did notice, that no one was saying a word about those text files they kept importing in the advanced tab, which could be a predefined pattern for the filter to "find".

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
I wish this technology could be applied to "Out of Focus" pictures also. This would help me fix the shots I have taken where I messed up the focus on my DSLR.

pxl9190

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
adobe CS5 can already remove blurs due to subject motion somewhat effectively (it is not a simple botton press though). blurs due to shakky hands and/or opeartor error is a somewhat different matter.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Its time for more computer intensive filters in Photoshop that could analyze the image and help to do some magic, even if those will take longer time to process. But it wont be a miracle and for sure at best it will solve a few images at a 100%. Hopefully it will help in most cases. I have been painting details myself also using the regular filters so why not use a new filter and start from there.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]Erm, GIMP has a 'unsharpen' mask that may be "Half as good"... GIMP is free too![/citation]
Yeaaahh, unsharpen is in Photoshop too
This is something totally different

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
cool...now all those x-files/csi episodes where they tell they geek to "enhance and zoom"
finally has some merit

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
What's so stunning about this? Basic image degradation function estimation. I did those calculations in university six years ago and it was far from cutting edge even back then.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
you know, this should be a software they lisense out to cellphone manufactures and low end digital cameras, you know, the cameras most people take crap blurred photos with.

that way, we no longer have blurred photos on the internet.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]What's so stunning about this? Basic image degradation function estimation. I did those calculations in university six years ago and it was far from cutting edge even back then.[/citation]

key word "university"

in photoshop, the computer does it for you. and im betting that my little brother (14) could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.