Adobe: Jobs Don't Know His iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Well whaddya know, a sense of humour. That just made my view of Adobe a little bit more positive.

There's something to be learnt here, Steve in Cupertino...

G

Let's look at iphone 3GS's biggest rival, HTC Hero, which runs flash. Not surprisingly, it sucked on there, just like in every other mobile devices. I've never been a fan of flash, and I personally try to avoid any flash heavy website. Because they kick up my laptop's fan for no good reason, and is mostly unresponsive. Flash needs to die or seriously improve on performance. Hopefully GPU utilization would help this situation.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
The problem is Apples doesn't want anything on their systems/devices that wasn't written by Apple. Heaven forbid someone trying to make a buck by writing an application to run on an Apple device...

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]etracer65[/nom]Well if Adobe can get Flash to run "great" on an iPhone, then how come it runs like a steaming pile of crap on Mac OSX? Maybe Adobe should apply some of the same Myth Hacking techniques to solve this long-standing problem and then worry about the iPhone.[/citation]

There are more iPhone users than Mac OSX users. Bigger customer base.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]But I thought Macs 'Just work'?[/citation]

Funny thing is, I have never seen actually seen one "Just Work"

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
The Infallible Jobs wrong? Not possible! Not even in any parallel universe! Flash is not supposed to run on iPhone. Some engineers at Apple didn't understand the instructions and did the opposite.

But seriously, let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was right then when he tried an older, untweaked version of Flash on an older, slower iPhone prototype. Now with both hardware and software improved considerably, he should have kept himself updated with the new test results.

prakalejas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Adobe, instead of makeing this entertaining video, you could spend some money on developing flash 64 bit version and you wouldn't look like dorks for many years.
Playing with mobile devices, but not with windows 64 bit desktops - it's just stupid :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.