Advice on a Cheap Refurbished laptop for Video Editing (USA) - Help Please

rbrhoades

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. I'm not very computer literate. I use them for business reasons and general surfing.

My wife has started a YouTube channel and has been editing videos.
She's been using Wonder Share Filmora to edit.

I'm looking to buy a computer either refurbished or new that would have no problem handling this editing software and the large video files and transfer.

The laptop wouldnt really be used for much if anything else.
Does anybody have any quick suggestions or know of a certain laptop that is being sold refurb?

From what I've researched it sounds like we need at least 1tb, 8gb ram, windows 10, a good processor, maybe a graphics card..??

I found this on Amazon. Refurbished it's only $230 - do you think this would be a good option?
HP 15-af137cl Premium Laptop PC (2016 Newest), 15.6-inch HD WLED Touchscreen Display, AMD Quad-Core A6-5200, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, SuperMulti DVD Burner, Windows 10

Really do appreciate any help as she is driving herself crazy with the current laptop she's using.

Thanks, Ryan

Solution
If you don't care about how fast the system renders files, then the system you found is fine. Just like most things, the faster you want to go, the more you need to spend, or look around for longer to find a good deal. For decent render speeds you need a system with a quad core i7 or i7 CPU. Why a laptop? A desktop is much more suited for video editing and can be much faster for the same price, and you can put in all sorts of video cards in a desktop to help with the render speeds if the software you are using supports it. Look for a used Lenovo W520, that should be about $300.
If you don't care about how fast the system renders files, then the system you found is fine. Just like most things, the faster you want to go, the more you need to spend, or look around for longer to find a good deal. For decent render speeds you need a system with a quad core i7 or i7 CPU. Why a laptop? A desktop is much more suited for video editing and can be much faster for the same price, and you can put in all sorts of video cards in a desktop to help with the render speeds if the software you are using supports it. Look for a used Lenovo W520, that should be about $300.

Solution