Question Advice on laptop

Jul 4, 2024
I feel a bit stupid coming on here as am quite a novice and the older I get the less I seem to be able to suss out new tech
I am after a new laptop, currently using microsoft 11 and have been for long time but really do not like it and on advice bought a cheap chrome book which I found much easier to use but it is too slow and am currently thinking of getting the ASUS 14" CM3 chromebook but have not heard of the make before
I only use a computer for shopping, watching films, emails, banking and google searching. I do a lot on my phone but find it too small so prefer a computer if I want to see something properly.
I looked on this site at what to look for when buying but admittedly do not understand a lot
I know I will find the chromebook a lot easier to use but do you think it will be quick enough?

Jul 4, 2024
It was £499 on site I was looking at but am prepared to pay more for a decent machine.
I know they are a lot cheaper than laptops so am prepared to go for the best and do not have to stick to that brand it is just that a lot of others seemed very cheap and I think you get what you pay for most of the time, though am not sure with laptops
In the past I have had a fantastic Lenovo and a Sony but a pretty unimpressive Dell and a HP both which I would not entertain again