Affordable laptop for Video Rendering

richardmead

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Howdy! Checking the previous questions they're all from 2014 or MASSIVELY out of my price range. I'm off travelling for 3 years and am looking for a laptop to take with me to render videos and edit photos - although the Rendering will obviously be more intensive!

I'd seen the DELL Inspiron 13 5000 but this only has a 4415U Processor and I've seen people have had trouble having internet explorer and antivirus open at the same time.... so not really ideal.

I was looking at having 1TBHDD/SSD however that'd probably not needed - I'm just used to having 2TBHDD and a 500GB SSD on my gaming PC - but no way I'm building a laptop myself.

IF there are any video editors around that use a laptop, what do you guys use? My budget is between £500 to £600 BUT if there's something reliable for less, I'll take it - gotta save the pennies for the world trip!

Thanks all :)

Solution
graphics card is almost irrelevant for video rendering.

You want to look for something with a i5 7300hq( because u versions mean ultra efficient an hq means high quality aka peformance power)
also the i5 7200u has 2 cores and the i5 7300 hq 4 cores.

richardmead

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

Thanks ;) haha!

I did just find an Acer with an i5 and 8GB of ram for £500.... which looks good for video rendering. It's the ACER Aspire E5. But then I've never bought laptops, I've always used my CPU and graphics card on my PC for rendering - but thanks again for the input

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
graphics card is almost irrelevant for video rendering.

You want to look for something with a i5 7300hq( because u versions mean ultra efficient an hq means high quality aka peformance power)
also the i5 7200u has 2 cores and the i5 7300 hq 4 cores.

Solution

richardmead

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

Thanks, yeah it's most irrelevant but it gives it that extra kick. A lot of the time it's taken it down from 30 mins to around 23 mins - not much but it helps!

Awesome thanks, I'm contemplating tearing my i7 out of my PC and smashing it into a laptop but something tells me that'd be a terrible idea.

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015

because it wouldnt fit.