Question Aid in repairing Sony Vaio SVE17122CXB display flickers if laptop-floor vibrates

Mar 13, 2023
Many months ago the Sony Vaio Win 10 OS display started flickering if-when I adjusted the angle. In time the problem worsened i.e. flickered if the floor vibrated!

About two weeks ago I gave in, shut it sown, removed the back & necessary parts. Found two loose screws ?clamping/ the display. It seemed to help, BUT now within 2? weeks the display.

I could not locate-find loose wires, board connectors, etc. Some time ago I thought I read of a 'repair'? but cannot find it!

Any-ALL help appreciated!

Mrs. RA

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Many months ago the Sony Vaio Win 10 OS display started flickering if-when I adjusted the angle. In time the problem worsened i.e. flickered if the floor vibrated!

About two weeks ago I gave in, shut it sown, removed the back & necessary parts. Found two loose screws ?clamping/ the display. It seemed to help, BUT now within 2? weeks the display.

I could not locate-find loose wires, board connectors, etc. Some time ago I thought I read of a 'repair'? but cannot find it!

Any-ALL help appreciated!

Mrs. RA
Hi, I was just wondering what the status of the issue was. Any luck yet?

Mar 13, 2023
replace the LVDS display cable from the motherboard to the display
like:
https://sparesale.com/Display-Cable-For-Sony-Vaio-SVE17-SVE171-SVE171A-SVE171B1

HelpStar,

THANKS for the info. Hoping you have time to explain what causes the LVDS display cable poor connection. Is there no practical way to secure the cable / connection(s)/socket etc. so as to AVOID having to buy the cable? What will prevent the new cable from doing the SAME thing?

Sorry I am not familiar with the currency designation you cited. Might I be able to locate the same thing here in the USA?

Again, THANKS for the info (your reply)!

Lady Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
it´s a cable which is always bending while closing or opening the lid of the laptop. It depends on how much times the lid was opened and closed, how good the cable is designed and implemented from the manufacturer.

you might find it on ebay or amazon as well