Al Qaeda Wars Social Game Uses Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
My first instinct is to laugh. My second is to shake my head at the stupidity and sheer waste of time that went into coding such an app.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah sounds disturbing. Also you guys realize that the only reason why there is war over there is due to diplomacy. If we sent two US Navy ships out there, they could level the entire country with bombs if they had to. There would be no war. Hopefully their people realize that we are trying to sort out the good from the bad.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
How is this considered acceptable by anyone? And right after the poll on Facebook for killing the President? I say Facebook needs to feel some repercussions for their complete lack of supervising their users.

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Yeah sounds disturbing. Also you guys realize that the only reason why there is war over there is due to diplomacy. If we sent two US Navy ships out there, they could level the entire country with bombs if they had to. There would be no war. Hopefully their people realize that we are trying to sort out the good from the bad.[/citation]

Better learn to think before writing, man. Such a level of stupidity can't be healthy.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]What good can come from this...[/citation]

That's the scary part to me, nothing. It may be far fetched but real terrorists could probably devise plans and "practice" them for max effectiveness. I could be wrong as I have not see how in-depth the game is, but it sounds like a terrorist training tool to me.

G

Al Qaeda is the biggest imaginary/made-up enemy of all-time, or else there is a god who helps them out, nothing else explains this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD06SAf0p9A

Of course, the coincidence theorists will say that a building collapsing that quickly is easily explained...

This is what it looks like when a controlled demolition fails:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiNrzmbdC1Q&feature=player_embedded

Or... If I had a dollar for everytime the CIA/FBI downloaded a video or discussed terrorism on an "Al Qaeda Website". URL-or-STFU plz OK thx.

G

It is suspicious indeed!
In America, "the land of the free", we'll need to restrict these type of games because we believe these games will breed a new generation of terrorists!
Just like I heard the girlfriend of my uncle's brother's son in law's nephew killed her dog in rage after playing tombraider for 6 hours straight and lost...

Yes, we should replace the word "terrorists" with "bunnies", and 'blood', with 'Soda', and the word 'suicide bomber' with "Mickey Mouse"!

jdog2076

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]gorehound[/nom]it is a game and you can also go out and kill things playing war games like call of duty where you go on missions and shoot away.[/citation]
Hardly! There is a gigantic difference between fighting a war between two nations and independently plotting an attack on a major landmark in the context of terrorism. I would hope that most people understand this distinction.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Or how about you timid Americans who eat up all the propaganda you're spoon fed do what we Brits have been doing for years and laugh at terrorists.

They are terrorists because they use terror. The minute you aren't afraid of terror is the second they're diffused and believe it or not they actually stop trying to be so overtly scary and menacing. Then once they've lost their influence it gives security and military forces a lot more ability to track the fuckers down PROPERLY and eliminate them.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I would have to doubt how many real terrorist use this because I am sure that the FBI or CIA already knows about it and has looked at it. If there is anything going on there they would be tracking it and the folks using it.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Well, I know this sounds conspiratorial, but considering the Mombai India attacks, this seems like a terrorism simulator... Terrorists used flight sims after having some real training, why make it easy by creating such an app. I hope that the users of this app are heavily monitored by the FBI, CIA, NSA, CSIS, MI6... and any other intelligence agency around the world.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Herbert_HA[/nom]Better learn to think before writing, man. Such a level of stupidity can't be healthy.[/citation]

It is not stupid, it is the truth. We use a lot of diplomacy and that is the only reason why we send troops onto land rather than being blatantly destructive of human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS