Solved! Alienware 14 keeps disconnecting/reconnecting charger at low battery

Apr 20, 2019
My Alienware laptop keeps flashing the message to plug in my PC when it is, then seconds later disappears and says my laptop is charging fine. Drivers seem okay for both adapter and battery, both are updated and say they're working properly in their status. I got a replacement charger and it's doing it as well, so it isn't the charger. I can also see it do this while the computer is off with the power button's light flickering on and off every few seconds. Running window's troubleshooters gives no results.

Anybody got a solution without taking it apart or will I have to send it to Dell to be fixed?

Solution
Well, if the charger you got is an OEM one and not aftermarket (and is the correct specs as well) then I would say it is either the battery or the charging port.

Could be a loose wire, something bent inside, no way to say for sure Depending on how old the battery is, it may need replacing. Unless it is actually charging just fine and still causing this issue, then I would have the port looked at.

If it is under warranty, then it is best to let the manufacturer handle the fix. However, if it isn't under warranty, you may want to see if a local tech would be cheaper than sending it in to be repaired.
Well, if the charger you got is an OEM one and not aftermarket (and is the correct specs as well) then I would say it is either the battery or the charging port.

Could be a loose wire, something bent inside, no way to say for sure Depending on how old the battery is, it may need replacing. Unless it is actually charging just fine and still causing this issue, then I would have the port looked at.

If it is under warranty, then it is best to let the manufacturer handle the fix. However, if it isn't under warranty, you may want to see if a local tech would be cheaper than sending it in to be repaired.

Solution