Alienware 15 R3 vs Alienware 13 R3 vs New Razer Blade 14"

Husam_Beast

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
So I've been looking at three gaming laptops, my budget is $2,000 or below, the three I have been looking at are the Alienware 13 R3, the Alienware 15 R3, and the new Razer Blade 14". I've kind of pushed out the Razer Blade abbot because I just do not like the fact that it only has 2133 megahertz, but you tell me if that's an issue or not in your opinion. Right now, I'm kind of brawling between the new Alienware 13 R3 and the new Alienware 15 R3, I do want it to be portable because I am only a kid, and I don't want a 7 pound laptop on my back, but I also want it to be GREAT at gaming, and the only laptop that allows a GTX 1070 that is kind of portable is the new Alienware 15 R3. I just want this laptop to be very 2017 proof, as in it will be able to play any games in 2017 smoothly at at least 1080 p. Another thing about the Alienware 15 is that it comes with both a SSD and a HDD, but the Alienware 13 and the Razer Blade do not, please help me make my decision, and please tell me if any of you have had bugs or viruses on your Alienware laptops, because I've heard that there have been a lot of viruses with Alienware. Thank you

Solution
It sounds like you have made your decision. The problem is that the alienware R15 will be heavier. I 1060 will be able to cover games this year at Ultra at 30+fps. The 1070 is the better card but it adds the burden of being in the larger, bulkier laptop. I would recommend The 15" alienware of those listed. But if portability is the key. I would suggest the new razer blade.

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
It sounds like you have made your decision. The problem is that the alienware R15 will be heavier. I 1060 will be able to cover games this year at Ultra at 30+fps. The 1070 is the better card but it adds the burden of being in the larger, bulkier laptop. I would recommend The 15" alienware of those listed. But if portability is the key. I would suggest the new razer blade.

Solution