Alienware 15R2 laptop screen wont turn on after closing lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuo73

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
my alienware 15 r2 screen wont turn on after closing and opening the lid, the laptop is running, all the led's come on and i can hear the fans start up but the screen stays black.

i recently had a warrenty claim to replace the plastic where the ac adapter plugs in and it was working fine before i shipped it to dell.

i have tried numerous other entries that people have suggested such as changing every power option in the control panel, i have tried changing things in the device manager nothing is working and i dont have a restore point to go back to. i need help

currently running windows 10

There could be a problem inside it after they worked on it. If the person who did the work was not careful enough they could have pinched, bent, damaged, knocked loose, etc., the ribbon cable that connects to the display. This could make it not work when closed as it gets moved, etc.

If it is still under warranty, I would contact them about it. Don't open it yourself as they could void your warranty then.

luuo73

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

I should mention to computer will run fine if I hard reset it every time, it's just a pain to close the lid then restart it just to get the screen working again

luuo73

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Yea I read that in another forum and have tried it but everything turns on but the screen. I've tried opening it slowly, quickly, 2-3 times in a row, pressing every key available.

OvidiuC

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Can you check the "Change what closing the lid does" and see if it's set to "Do nothing"? If it is, changing it to anything else might fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.