Alienware 17 R5 2013 Random Shutdowns

Kevn__

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Hi i'm having shut down issues with my Alienware 17, not just BSOD, a complete shutdown.
In the windows logfile I found a critical error (Kernel event 41 task 63) other then that I have no clue why it's shutting down.
I've tested everything, cleaned out the whole laptop, repasted GPU and CPU, even bought a new PSU. Still when playing games the laptop shuts down after 15-20 min heavy load, like it's overheating. I logged the temperatures and they all stay below 75 ° Celcius. Also reinstalled Windows 10 and tested every possible driver I could find for this system. I'm getting pretty desperate, this is a high end computer and ever since I bought it, I had nothing but problems. Are there other users with the same problem?

Have to state that I can browse the web, watch & stream movies perfectly, only when I start to game it cuts out. Like i'd would do when overheating or power loss..

It's a i7-4900MQ Nvidia GTX 780m model.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to Nvidia in Programs and Features.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- If all these will not work, I would suggest taking it out for a repair specially the GPU.

Kevn__

Commendable
May 28, 2016

Tried all of the above.. And tbh I'm not going to buy a new GPU if I'm not sure that that's the problem. The GPU works fine, it just doesn't get enough juice imo.