Question Dell Latitude E5570 shuts down automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2021
Hi everyone,
My laptop shuts down on its own whenever I play a demanding game, at first I thought it was a heat relating issue, so I bought a cooling table (silly I know), but it kinda prevented some of the random shutdowns while gaming, the temp goes up to 87° - 96° I'm going to repast the CPU and GPU to help reduce the temp, whenever the shut-down happens, it doesn't turn off directly instead I get the windows 10 shutdown screen (the blue one), so I don't know if it's heat-related also when I checked event viewer this is what I got:
The process C:\Windows\system32\shutdown.exe (DILAW-PC) has initiated the shutdown of computer DILAW-PC on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE for the following reason: No title for this reason.
Reason Code: 0x800000ff
Shutdown Type: shutdown
Comment:

I should also mention this, I don't turn it on with the power button (it doesn't work) I just plug the ac power cable, and it turns on and start diagnostics and tests, I had a short circuit but nothing burned thankfully, also I don't have batteries (took them off cause they inflated), its been like this for over a year, any help would be appreciated.

Nov 6, 2021
Hello there,
I am having the same problem with my Dell Latitude E5570 too. I also thought it's the heating problem but I have no idea anymore, it even turns off when it's at 60-70 degrees. I heard some people talking about battery/power supply issues on other forums with dell products, so I played a bit with drivers as they suggested. Seemed to work for like a month and the problem went back to me right after. Unlike you I have nothing in the events logs, aside of the notice from kernel-power that shutdown has taken place. I would be glad if you let me know if repasting works, I am getting really desperate with this issue as even friends from IT branch couldn't help me with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EnchantFortnite Laptop Tech Support 5
UlrichVonLichtenstein Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 13
Desire1503 Laptop Tech Support 5
4 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
paqkr Laptop Tech Support 3