Solved! Alienware automatic repair loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2019
I really need some help.
My alienware has recently gotten stuck in a automatic repair loop. I have tried everything I have seen online except reinstalling windows 10 from a usb. I really dont want to lose all my pictures.

When it starts up it says preparing automatic repair. It successfully gets to the advanced repair screen. Mine is missing a few options though. There is no startup settings. So I cant refresh pc or reset.
System restore and system image recovery both give me a error code. Start up repair says it cant repair my pc.
I can access command prompt but barely any commands I have tried work. I used chkdsk and it said it found errors that need to be repaired but when I try to run it on C: it says it cant be found.

I have pressed f8 and gotten to the boot menu but I'm not very familiar with it. I ran a diagnostic test and there was no issue. And I dont know how to boot in safe mode without startup settings

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

Solution
If you are using the computers ability to repair, and that has any issue itself, then it won't work. However, you should be able to use a CD/DVD/USB with the Windows OS for your system to run the repairs. If the drive isn't toast, then running them from the CD/DVD/USB should be able to do the repairs. Now should even this not work, then you need to either contact the manufacturer, if it is under warranty still, or try taking it to a local tech. With luck they would be able to resolve the issue, or perhaps at least get your files off the drive before you have the drive replaced.

1. You will need your Windows OS (Operating System) CD or bootable Windows OS USB device.
  2. Connect the bootable USB device or insert the CD into your...
If you are using the computers ability to repair, and that has any issue itself, then it won't work. However, you should be able to use a CD/DVD/USB with the Windows OS for your system to run the repairs. If the drive isn't toast, then running them from the CD/DVD/USB should be able to do the repairs. Now should even this not work, then you need to either contact the manufacturer, if it is under warranty still, or try taking it to a local tech. With luck they would be able to resolve the issue, or perhaps at least get your files off the drive before you have the drive replaced.

1. You will need your Windows OS (Operating System) CD or bootable Windows OS USB device.
  2. Connect the bootable USB device or insert the CD into your computer.
  3. Now use the "F2, F12 and Delete" keys enter BIOS setup.
  4. Click "Repair Your Computer" below the "Install Now" button.
  5. While you are in the "Repair Your Computer".
  6. Follow the steps here.
  7. Your computer should reboot. If not you will need to reboot it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.