Alienware M17x! Can I get a better gaming laptop for my money?

keimps

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Hey folks,

I have posted another thread about a gaming laptop I am going to buy, but I still have not decided.
But I am a little bit closer to a decision.
After doing some more research I have found this next package at dell I can get for a whopping: 1370,- € which I think is pretty awesome.

Alienware M17x
Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.3GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
English Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
2GB GDDR5 AMD® Radeon™ HD 7970M
8192MB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
500GB 7,200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD
17.3" WideFHD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD
Primary 9 cell Li-Ion Default Base Battery
1 yr Next Day In-Home Hardware Support
Integrated Skype HD Certified FullHD Camera with dual digital microphones
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di with THX TruStudio Pro Software

So 1 year warranty with an awesome HD 7970M videocard.
The 8GB Ram seems enough for now, but I can easily upgrade that in the future to 16GB or even 32GB.

Previously I wanted to go only for a Dell but that's no longer important, I just want the best sweetest gaming laptop.
Although it's in the first place not for the most demanding games (D3, WoW etc) I do like to have something sweet so it'll last.

Mobility in the laptop is not of a great concern.

So show me something better for this amount of money as everyone is always stating that alienware is good but way too expensive.

I prefer not to go over 1500€

Thanks!

Pinhedd

Distinguished
Sager has a few nice gaming laptops. They start out a bit cheaper but the prices tend to converge at the high end as the price premium for the Alienware build quality gets shmucked by the more expensive components.

I have an M17x R3 and it is a very good gaming laptop. It is very comfortable to use, even for extremely long periods of time and has wonderful cooling. The Sager laptops are metal and thus get warmer and are less comfortable to use. Your call

keimps

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Bumb.
Looks like there isn't anything better for the price as no1 responded except Pinhedd...

Thx Pin, seriously leaning to the M17x now :)