Alienware M17x R3 non-pause beeping

stevenmael

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
Greetings! Lets get right to the point, ive got this alienware laptop here that for some odd reason starts beeping really loudly when i turn it on (not a beep code mind you), its like a really high pitch and doesnt have any intermittency to it, just keeps going till it posts then starts again after and right before windows boots, but in occasion itll start as the laptop posts and freeze the laptop until the beeping stops and the laptop resumes normally. Ive already confirmed the keyboard malfunctioning and the dedicated gpu dead (gtx 560m) but i cant figure anything else wrong with it, ive flashed the bios replaced the cmos battery, drained the capacitors. The laptop boots till windows and works fine but that damn beeping is almost always there ( occasionally when i restart the laptop, the beeping doesnt happen)

Its running windows 7 has an i7( cant quite remember which one but its a qm and its from 2012) and currently running from the intel hd 3000 (gtx 560m dead) bios version is A12 i believe.

Any help at all is appreciated and thanks in advance! Someone reply ASAP cause i really cant find any info related to this odd beep.

Solution
So you have a bad keyboard and a bad video card, either of those can cause the beep issues. Keyboard most likely, if you hold in a key while booting a computer it will beep.

stevenmael

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
I have not been able to properly test that but i will soon when i get the replacement keyboard though i suspected it might be the case, ill check it real soon and see if it is the case, thanks!