Alienware m17x r4 no post problem

Jhiand

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hey Guys new here,

I've been looking forever for a solution to my laptop's problem and I need help. It's a Alienware m17x r4 2014 model with i7-4800MQ cpu, modded 970m 6gb gddr5, 16gb ram, 80gb ssd+ 320gb hdd and windows 8.1. Bought this while back around 2015 for the school year.

The story is that my laptop prior to this problem had a fan noise issue, it would speed up and make a lot of noise when it's not under any load. So the solution I found online mentioned going into the bios overclocking settings and disable fan performance mode. So I did look into this but my overclocked settings wasn't enabled. I did enable it afterwards to see what options I would get and it was there but unchecked. I checked it and saved this changes done to my bios without changing anything else like voltage and such. This is where it all went to hell.

After the reboot my laptop was unable to post, just a damn black screen, power going to only the right hand side of the keyboard and the power button. I tried so many solutions but none seem to work. I was even thinking at this point to get Canada Computers to take a look at it but they even said it'd be $60 for the inspection and this doesn't promise that they'll find the solution to this.

Jhiand

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Hey thanks for the reply,

Yeah I do have have 4 ram slot, in my initial test I took out one at first then the 2nd. I haven't touched the Rams on the other side because it was a bit unaccessible at the time but I'll do so now and give a update on this.

Jhiand

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

So this didn't work either, it's the same black screen with some power to the keys and power button.

I also tried putting a bios firmware driver on a usb and holding the end button before powering on the laptop, this did not work or even detected the sub drive.