All aluminum with decent specs?

snocavotia

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Hi! Ive been looking for an all aluminum laptop for a while(Im currently using a 4.5 year old HP whose plastic has melted and broke in every way imaginable).

I really want to stick to under $900. And i love the build quality of the Spectre x360. But its internals arent that great. I want to be able to play LoL on high at 1080p with 60fps. The Spectre can only manage about 30 from what ive seen.

Does anyone know of any all aluminum laptops with some "decent" internals. Nothing too crazy but a 1gb discrete card is a great start.

I considered the Lenovo Y40, it isnt made of aluminum but ive heard its quality is decent. I'm just the kind of person that uses something until it dies on me and im really afraid of getting another plastic laptop that melts because i use it so hard.

EDIT: Ive also looked into the HP envy 14t as i read it was "all aluminum, but after hours of research i believe the bottom to be made of plastic."

EDIT2: List of laptops Ive looked into but arent "completly aluminum" or not at all.

*Acer aspire v15 nitro black edition(GREAT INTERNALS FOR THE MONEY, but plastic)
*Asus ux501(WAAAAAY too expensive)
*asus k501(Semi-aluminum. Decent internals. Currently out of stock everywhere except Amazon)
*Lenovo y40-50(I felt one of these today and it was made of a very strange feeling material. Definately plastic, but strange)
*Macbook anything(Oh i forgot... im on a budget. How did I get on apple's store page?)

You are definitely going to have to get a laptop with a dedicated GPU if you want 60 FPS minimum @ 1080p since the Intel HD 5500 cannot achieve that. Though I think it does handle LoL well enough.

The 13.3" Asus Zenbook UX303LN is an older model laptop with a Core i7-4510u and nVidia 840m selling for $1,300 and is all aluminum (or at least it seems that way to me).

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Zenbook-UX303-13-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00KTL21RA

Personally, I am eying the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 for $849 with a Core i5-5200u and nVidia 940m. It has a high impact plastic chassis though like all ThinkPads. The main thing that is holding me back is I cannot configure it with Windows 7 Professional.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-14/