All around use and light gaming laptop under $500?

Flynn26

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I'm going to make this as simple as possible. I am looking for a laptop under $500. I will use it for everything, such as basic video editing, watching Netflix and YouTube, surfing the web, and some light gaming (like minecraft). Thanks for the help in advance!

Solution
i5 - for light to medium video edditing
i7- serious video edditing while using other task
dedicated graphics card of any sort for your gaming- but that maight be out of budget
Stay away from touch screen to save you money. you also wont get a large screen.
If possible get your OS on an SSD with space for needed apps, the speed is immense.

Not a huge fan of HP but after a quick look I would go with this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834266056
If you need more storage external hard drives are cheap for stuff like photos and files not needed imediately.
Also sales change on the daily

Cmlalibe

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
i5 - for light to medium video edditing
i7- serious video edditing while using other task
dedicated graphics card of any sort for your gaming- but that maight be out of budget
Stay away from touch screen to save you money. you also wont get a large screen.
If possible get your OS on an SSD with space for needed apps, the speed is immense.

Not a huge fan of HP but after a quick look I would go with this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834266056
If you need more storage external hard drives are cheap for stuff like photos and files not needed imediately.
Also sales change on the daily

Solution

Flynn26

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Flynn26 : "Highest quality laptop for under $500?"

Hello, I am looking to buy a new all-around laptop for under $500. I would do super basic editing, watching YouTube and Netflix, web browsing, and typing school papers. I need the best quality for the money, so I wouldn't like to go with an all plastic build unless it is really worth it. Also good quality keys and trackpad. Sorry if this is too much to ask, but this would be my only birthday present and I want it to be well worth it! Thanks in advance everyone who helps