Question All LED backlights strobing?

Jan 13, 2022
My Hisense tv model 50H6607 suddenly went bad. The tv stays powered on full time, shows no power light indicators at the front, and once the back panel was removed, every single LED of the backlighting is flashing like a strobe light? I have replaced the power supply board but the exact same things happens with the new power supply board. I’m hoping someone in the community knows what causes this “unique” condition as I have found no such similar description in the tv forum here or anywhere on the internet. Ideas what could cause such a condition? Thanks!

Carl31

Great
Dec 21, 2021
Hi @learningcurve72 ,

Hope to be wrong, but sound like your blacklines are dying :(
But before saying it for sure try to do a Reset. Press and hold the reset button on your tv for 20 sec., release reset button(now your tv is powered off). The last step is to power on again.

Let me know if works or not.
Good luck

Jan 13, 2022
Carl31 - appreciate you taking your time to reply and make these suggestions. I did do the twenty second power down, unplug etc. when the tv first went down, to no avail. Could you please explain the “black lines” failure in further detail? I will try to figure out how to make a short YouTube video and post the link to it for this thread so there is a visual to this very odd failure. I find it odd because as I said, I cannot find anything similar on the net. I woke up this morning thinking it may be a switching issue (IR / power button) part of the system or perhaps an LED light strip(s) failure in the series?

Carl31

Great
Dec 21, 2021
The good news is that it's a problem that can be fixed, the bad is that can be very expensive, since you cannot do it by yourself. IDK if still in warranty, if not maybe think about a new one TV.
Led tv are pretty sensitive and sometimes things like this can happen.

There is this tread here, that can help as well, it's for a Samsung tv but useful: https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/samsung-led-tv-backlight-problem.66735/

Jan 13, 2022
This Hisense tv is old, and it has certainly served its purpose to be honest. It had lasted typically longer than they are rated for. That said, I enjoy the challenge and even more so the satisfaction of making things work again, when they once in awhile do lol. I’m ok with spending about $50 or so for replacement LED strips IF of course that is indeed the issue. That said, I believe the next step is to take it fully apart and examine all of the LED’s to ensure that they are in fact all flashing at the same time. If they are, then I don’t believe the issue to be the back light strips themselves. I will post my findings eventually. Thanks again.

Jan 13, 2022
Hi Ingram - thank you for your reply. Do you know what has failed that would cause the LED backlights to flash in this manner then? I’ve replaced the power supply already with no change. Same strobing? Thank you.