ALL Remote Buttons Turn Receiver Off And On - ???

tman202

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
I love my Luxman R-117 receiver (1980's vintage) but lately when I press any button on the remote, the receiver will turn off and then on. This happens with the original receiver remote AND just about every button on the programmed universal, including the cable buttons. Very aggravating. It does NOT happen when I use the buttons on the receiver. It started happening once it a while and only with the volume buttons but now happens all of the time with any button. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?? Remote capability is a must for me.

Since it happens with both the original remote and your universal the problem is in the receiver.
The IR receiver in the Luxman is working but the programming to discern the codes is not. Parts to do this kind of repair are probably pretty rare for an old unit so don't pay too much for an estimate unless they have seen this before and have or can get parts.

Since it happens with both the original remote and your universal the problem is in the receiver.
The IR receiver in the Luxman is working but the programming to discern the codes is not. Parts to do this kind of repair are probably pretty rare for an old unit so don't pay too much for an estimate unless they have seen this before and have or can get parts.

tman202

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
I noticed there is an input jack on the back labeled EXT REMOTE SENSOR. Would I be able to connect an external sensor to control the unit? If so, would it have to be an original Luxman?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chrisQ00 Audio 0
Gas82 Audio 0
G Audio 4
Rush43 Audio 1
N Audio 1
W Audio 0
W Audio 3
szury Audio 6
M Audio 1
C Audio 1
R Audio 1