Allround Notebook for 600~900€

Rhynin

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Hey, for weeks im looking for a Notebook, but sadly german forums arent really helpful, thats why i try my luck here.^^ What im looking for in general: An allround notebook which is able to play games (nothing to fancy, have a pc for that), but is lightweighted enough for me to use it for school work (some programming and stuff).

1. What is your budget? 600~900€.
I dont mind if you show me links which arent from germany, atleast i get the model. :) Why the 300€ difference? Depends on which GPU i take.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Not sure what is meant here. 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, have a tower pc already.

5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as possibly, but i know i cant get much. If its able to to last 2hours on full load and 5+hours in idle, that would be fine.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, but no new and highend games. Mostly really old games and LoL, Hearthstone, Skyrim, Overwatch and Guild Wars 2 should it handle. Thats why i thought about the GTX 950m/960m (950m if its alot cheaper than the 960m)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mostly some programming, writing, nothing special.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
If there is an HDD, atleast 500gb and i would upgrade it with an SSD myself if needed.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really, as long as im able to get it from here (germany).

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Atleast a few years. Im currently in uni/college and i should last until the end from it. Im someone who cares for his stuff a little to much (my iphone is 3 years old and it looks 100% flawless). The reason for my next notebook would be, because this one will be to bad (in terms of hardware) by then.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I dont need one. If its there and not big, cool. If not, i dont mind much.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont really mind, but i heard that HP aint that good, but:
Notebooks that i found interesting:
-Acer Aspire V 15 VN (too many models to give you a link)
-Lenovo y700-15isk: Dont like it that much, its looks so unhandy, no clean design
-Asus in general (i like the look of the Zenbooks, but they seem expensive)
-Maybe MSI notebooks, if they werent so thick and with their bad batteries...

13. What country do you live in? Germany.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
It would be awesome if i could get a long lasting, gaming ultrabook for little money (which is ofc impossible). I really like if something is good designed (in terms of design i would get a macbook, but the prices and what i get in the end...no thanks). If its thin, that would be awesome. Back to the 950m/960m thing. I started looking for 950m's, then 960m. In the end i asked myself, if i could save 200€ by taking the 950m, then i would choose the 950m. If not, might aswell get the 960m.

If you need anymore information or arent sure what i meant with some things (english is my native language), i try to reply as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Could you give me a link to the websites you visit? Also it is not possible to get a laptop that has good battery life when you are playing overwatch. Also overwatch is a recent game.