Amazon Fire Audio Question

moorz123

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
Hi, I recently purchased a new Amazon Fire TV box to use through my projector. Only when it arrived I noticed that they have removed the optical output on the 2015 version, I'm a bit useless with this kind of thing so this might be a stupid question but is there anything I can do?
So I have a HDMI connection from my projector that I can plug into the Fire TV but my receiver is quite old so I have no idea if its even possible for me to set up the audio.I currently have it set up on the PS3 via an optical connection.

If anyone could be of any assistance if would be greatly appreciated, any further info required let me know.

Thanks,
Dave.

Edit: A bit of googling has pointed me to this - http://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Optical-Extractor-Converter-Splitter/dp/B00ISQ8VB8
Would that do the trick, HDMI from projector to splitter input, HDMI from splitter output to Fire TV box and optical cable from splitter to receiver?

Solution
That is what you need. You can also get an HDMI switcher that will extract the audio. Might be more convenient. I use one on my projector since the sources are close to the projector and running one digital cable is easier and cheaper than using multiple HDMI (except for blue ray discs which only support lossless audio via HDMI).
That is what you need. You can also get an HDMI switcher that will extract the audio. Might be more convenient. I use one on my projector since the sources are close to the projector and running one digital cable is easier and cheaper than using multiple HDMI (except for blue ray discs which only support lossless audio via HDMI).

Solution