Amazon is Now in the Supply Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorHunter

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
if one half of the country is digging a ditch and the other half is filling it back in then everyone is employed but are we better off?

Local stores charge inflated prices to pay for rent on their vast showrooms and employees to stand around waiting for us to visit them. The sooner mom and pop stores go out of business, the better.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
technically you can buy all of this stuff off their regular website if you know what to search for. I guess it's just one way to organize or specialize the search for it or maybe they offer some really specialized equipment that the regular amazon doesn't have, but it wouldn't have been rocket science to put that into their regular website.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I would love if amazon built stores so I could order something on amazon and in a few days they would have it at my local store instead of shipping to the house. Maybe they could even order a few extra to put in the store for other buyers.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]RaptorHunter[/nom]if one half of the country is digging a ditch and the other half is filling it back in then everyone is employed but are we better off?Local stores charge inflated prices to pay for rent on their vast showrooms and employees to stand around waiting for us to visit them. The sooner mom and pop stores go out of business, the better.[/citation]

I don't agree entirely, Mom and Pop shops that are run as business should don't have sky high prices and poor service. Only the money mills and local ripoff shops have stratospheric prices with the crappiest service. I am sick of how business and commerce in general is run. They should only price items and service according to their needs that is fair for everyone but as usual they couldn't be anymore greedier than the mega corporations. A lot of good can be done hell even poverty can be put to an end in short time but people will have to change their ways. A society built upon unchecked greed can only fail and shall fail.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]A society built upon unchecked greed can only fail and shall fail.[/citation]
The USA should have crashed years ago if that was the case, I think greed may be a stronger force for survival than you give credit for (no pun)

jennyhayes

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
we brought several ecoBrites dimmable LED PAR30 lights from amazon which offers far better price and service (money back guaranty & no questions asked). I can't find any HD or Lowes can offer that, not to mention any local lighting stores (many of them don't even carry LED lights.)

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The USA should have crashed years ago if that was the case, I think greed may be a stronger force for survival than you give credit for (no pun)[/citation]
Greed is good.

byous88

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
The sooner mom and pop stores go out of business, the better.
g.gif

drethon

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Mom and pop stores helped build this country.[/citation]

So did horses and steam engines...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Greed is good.[/citation]
Seems there are a lot of communists in the room today, didn't America get built on a market economy and a capitalist ideal? I guess we should all retire to a co-operative commune in the woods and exist on a subsistence economy and eat nuts & berries.
F-that, you take anyone of the nimrods that thumbed down and tell them that without capitalism they would be living in a 3rd world country and they will change their tune when they can't eat cheap cheeseburgers whilst sitting on their fat asses watching 300 cable TV stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS