Amazon: Kindle for Blackberry is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Why would I want to use up my already meager battery life reading a book? Just doesn't make sense. --mg_td

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I hardly believe this could be useful. I don't want to get an headache trying to read a 500 pages novel on a 2.5" screen. But, if others do it, they better do it too!

counterpart

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I have a Kindle but I must say for reading a few pages on my 20 minute bus ride to work, the iPhone app is pretty convenient. I read a whole novel that way last month.

G

I've used the mobipocket reader to read many novels on my Blackberry. It's not bad and fits in your pocket.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I've been using the Barnes and Noble app on my Blackberry. It's not too bad if I've got 10-15 minutes to kill and nothing but my phone to play with. It's better than BrickBreaker. It also helps that I can easily read 9pt font without straining so I don't have to continuously be "flipping" pages.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Surely it's no different to just browsing the web on your phone? Sure the text is small, but if you can read it and don't mind doing so, why not have a couple of books on there to pass the time when need be?

rcmaniac25

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Finally, it seems to take big companies a while to get there app out for BlackBerry yet the average single developer can crank out a new one every month that is not a "crap app."

Status
Not open for further replies.