Amazon Kindle Smartphone Arriving Next Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
But here is the big question...why? Why would I want a kindle branded phone? I can get their e-reader and have a better experience. I can buy, well, just about any other phone and read the books I buy from Amazon. Seems silly.

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
The difference between Amazon and Apple here, is that Amazon isn't interested in gouging customers on the price of their mediocre hardware.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]But here is the big question...why? Why would I want a kindle branded phone? I can get their e-reader and have a better experience. I can buy, well, just about any other phone and read the books I buy from Amazon. Seems silly.[/citation]

If they can sell it to consumers at closer to cost than comparable manufacturers with equivalent hardware, why wouldn't you want to buy one? You can access all your files that you have on your Cloud, including music, video, android apps. If you have amazon paid prime, you can stream the free movies too. These devices aren't marketed to replace an existing kindle, it's just an extension of it for when you don't wanna carry your kindle everywhere you go.

Buy a normal phone for $200 or buy a kindle phone with same hardware specs for $140. Pretty easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.