Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Amazon Pulled Nintendo 3DS, Was ''Under Review''

That reads a little better, yeah?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I know that the Audio Technica M50 studio monitor headphones that I bought a while ago recently went "under review" because one turned out to be a Chinese replica, and a convincing one at that, except they put the logo on backwards. Doubt this is the same situation, but still...

G

[citation][nom]jbenson256[/nom]Is Nintendo just always lagging behind in everything?[/citation]

Give a non bias example.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
The screen thingy is very noticeable: when you close it, down the road it will leave marks on the upper screen. If you don't use protectors, the screen will scratch. And that happens to all the 3DS's, not the black one alone.

Other than that, the title of the article is really trollish, lol. It's not "the 3DS", but one model.

Cheers!

Neverdyne

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]I know that the Audio Technica M50 studio monitor headphones that I bought a while ago recently went "under review" because one turned out to be a Chinese replica, and a convincing one at that, except they put the logo on backwards. Doubt this is the same situation, but still...[/citation]

That's actually good points for Amazon.com. It shows they actually care about what they're selling and would pull a product out to review it if need be.

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
but as the Nintendo rep previously pointed out, the "loose" design was intentional, possibly to prevent hinge cracking as seen with the original Nintendo DS.

I've had the first Nintendo DS for 2 years and it never scratched when closed, it never cracked and it was not loose at all. Indeed my girldfriend's one was a bit looser than mine still it was tight enough so that shaking it wouldn't close it.

Also the only scratches that appeared over time on the screen was when I got angry and used the stick pretty violently on the screen, which happen pretty often when you play any version of pokemon or brain age (when I couldn't beat my previous easy-to-break record ^^). But since they removed the original GameBoy slot, it was not worth anymore to play pokemon, metroid or any other games that could give you bonus things for having played the original GameBoy games.

kaprikawn

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
I've noticed marks on my top screen from the bottom of the unit. No permanent scratches yet, but that's hardly a surprise given that I hardly use it.

I expect a replacement program.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]kaprikawn[/nom]I've noticed marks on my top screen from the bottom of the unit. No permanent scratches yet, but that's hardly a surprise given that I hardly use it.I expect a replacement program.[/citation]
A replacement program? Are you sure you've got the right Nintendo? I recommend you invest in screen protectors and/or larger rubber pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.