Amazon Selling the Nokia Lumia 900 For $39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'm waiting for the day where the could cram a full desktop OS on a smart phone. A full desktop OS with tweak to the interface for small touch screens that is.

G

Great deal for someone looking for an iPhone alternative, as this is its only real competition!

G

Tech_GENIUS 05/04/2012 7:20 PM
Hide
-0+

Great deal for someone looking for an iPhone alternative, as this is its only real competition!

Tech genius? more like Tech ignoramus! There are so many phones better than the iphone! so many!

Lets start with Samsung and HTC. You = epic fail

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Being able to stealth tether with PDANet, being able to bring my handbraked mkv dvd collection onto 32GB SD and watch movies on the treadmill, google maps and navigation for free, ... I think my SG2 or the many other Android devices make for real competition.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]SamsungWinsYouLose[/nom]Tech_GENIUS 05/04/2012 7:20 PMHide-0+Great deal for someone looking for an iPhone alternative, as this is its only real competition!Tech genius? more like Tech ignoramus! There are so many phones better than the iphone! so many!Lets start with Samsung and HTC. You = epic fail[/citation]
say whatever you want, but there is no phone as good as the iPhone.

monsta

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]say whatever you want, but there is no phone as good as the iPhone.[/citation]

iphone's are crap , I've returned 3 already....never again will I get an iphone even if its for free....they are rubbish!

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Waiting till Windows phone 8 drops before investing in a 2 year contract with a phone that may or may not become obsolete once the new OS drops.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]monsta[/nom]samsung and androids are crap , I've returned 3 already....never again will I get an Android or Samsung product even if its for free....they are rubbish![/citation]

Fixed!

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]say whatever you want, but there is no phone as good as the iPhone.[/citation]
Apple Users: MY FONE IS BETTUR!
Android Users: NO MINE IS BETTUR!
Windows Users: Screw you both, Mine is better.
Blackberry Users: Wake up.

G

this was just rated as a top phone along with iphone and latest samsing galaxy / android on cnet. I just traded my iphone for it and am super happy that I did so! Windows Phone is an Amazing phone OS. I can't beleive this low price.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
InformationWeek suggests that the drastic drop in price may have something to do with sluggish sales of Windows Phone devices overall. Citing numbers ComScore released earlier this week, Windows Phone's U.S. market share fell to below 4-percent in March.

First of all, the market share decrease includes both Windows Phone 7 and the discontinued Windows Mobile 6.5 and before. Second of all, the data is as of March, which does not include Lumia 900 sales. So how exactly do the ComScore numbers suggest much about the Lumia 900?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]"with a new two-year contract."who cares? you can get free phones with a 2 yr contractones with specs too...[/citation]You know, if you print the specs out in small print and tape it to the back of the phone... yeah, they still don't mean a *#%ing thing. A fancy CPU doesn't guarantee results. Poorly optimized software (or anything written in Java) has been proving this for years on PCs.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I just traded my iphone for it and am super happy that I did so! Windows Phone is an Amazing phone OS. I can't beleive this low price.

The phone is superior to the iPhone 4s and doesn't feel as clunky and jaily. Though I would not trade my Samsung Galaxy s2 for it. I could see getting an unlocked Lumia 900 and using it as a second phone when traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.