Amazon, Wal-Mart Sell Pre for $99.99 and $79.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I would have picked one up if it had been on Verizon, I may still pick it up if it comes to Verizon early next year. Overall the Pre seems to mix a good number of the best features from the various Blackberries along with some of the best features of the iPhone.

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Almost everyone where I work has a Pre and I've got to say that they are the best phone to come out since the iPhone. Palm just needs to get their app store going to be able to compete with the iPhone. The iPhone isn't the perfect phone but the fact that you can get about a million apps to do whatever you want makes it pretty awesome.

Once this comes to Verizon it's going to be very tempting...

pmerritt

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Wait till you try to forward an email, edit a picture, set multiple alarms, things you would expect such a device to do, and then you have to buy software to do it.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
@pmerritt - Forwarding emails works fine on my pre. I haven't tried editing pictures but I wouldn't expect that. Setting multiple alarms works fine... I didn't have to download any apps for those things to work.

sucre

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
This makes me wonder how much Pre on Verizon is going to cost. You can bet Verizon will charge more than $79 for them, though if they were smart, they would blow them out at $99 and then reap all the $45/mo unlimited data plans they could.

Once the Pre comes to Verizon, there will be *many* more hackers and coders disassembling the ROM and cooking new ones with features re-enabled (features that Verizon likes to disable, such as tethering and GPS navigation).

Status
Not open for further replies.