Amazon's 'Appstore' Launches Free Angry Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmucha

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Sucks to be a AT&T user w/o sideloading...

Amazon page says it is working with AT&T to provide support... I wonder how long that will take...

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Apple has already filed a lawsuit.[/citation]
Its almost priceless from a company that took its name from a record company
iPhone from Cisco/Linksys
iPad from Fugitsu

G

It's very disappointing to see that the Amazon App is required to run any application downloaded from their store - even free ones. So, if the Amazon app is removed from your phone, all applications download from Amazon won't work.

Plus, I tried to figure out what their return policy is on Android apps. I can't find any mention of that. I'm having fun with Angry Birds Rio, but will probably use the Google Market as my first source for apps.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
And it's not available in the UK either, so not only do I not get free Angry Birds Rio, but I don't get Rio at all if it doesn't hit the Android Marketplace.

Nice.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Its almost priceless from a company that took its name from a record companyiPhone from Cisco/LinksysiPad from Fugitsu[/citation]

Don't you know? Only Microsoft steals ideas, Apple has never stolen anything or copied a product, it's all original. LMAO!

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Apple has already filed a lawsuit.
Have to say trademarking App Store is like trademarking Grocery Store. It is not like trademarking "Windows" or "iTunes". The term is too generic and commonly used in vernacular to stand up in court. They can only hope to either tarnish Amazons name or polarize even more the Apple faithful.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]rjf17[/nom]It's very disappointing to see that the Amazon App is required to run any application downloaded from their store - even free ones. So, if the Amazon app is removed from your phone, all applications download from Amazon won't work.[/citation]
Well, my guess is that the Amazon App has the DRM. That way, you don't have to enter product keys into the apps you buy. Since these apps aren't integrated into the Marketplace, they must have copy-protection somehow (app producers aren't that stupid).

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Wait so how the hell do I get AB RIO here in Australia?
Is it just me, or are all online American companies stupid and just love missing out on a worldwide market?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Userremoved[/nom]It think I gonna go drop some C4 in Jobs office.[/citation]

Don't bother, just wait 12 months, nature will have taken it's course by then.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]Don't bother, just wait 12 months, nature will have taken it's course by then.[/citation]

Or karma if you believe in such things!

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I got it. Looks good. It's not overrated. Just a stolen concept. Check out Crush the castle. This concept has been around a long time just found it's true home mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.