AMD 8850M not working!!!

Lizziz

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hello, the first thing i wanted to say is my English very bad, so please forgive me if i made mistake.
I'm using Dell Inspiron 5537. with i7 4500U and AMD radeon 8850m. Recently, i've had low fps on gaming, I though the game has problem itself, but not, it caused by my amd card. I can't hear the small noise sound(fan) from my card when playing game anymore. Usually my temperature when playing games is about 70-80 Celsius, but now it only stay at 50-60 Celsius. I've tried to install my driver to latest, rolled back to old one, re-installed windows(7-8-10), but still didn't work. I've noticed when I try to run game with my amd, after 5-10 mins, my laptop suddenly shut down without warning even my cpu/gpu temperture wasn't high(below 60 Celsius). When I try to turn on I hear strange sounds, and my laptop still off, it happens 3 times, I've to wait 15 mins to turn it on again. I've tried to use furmark (1366*768* with anti-lashing Off), my fps still 15-17 and then it suddenly shutdown my laptop after 30 sec.
Please help me, thanks :D

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work, do open the laptop and remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU.
- But if the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact Dell for a repair.

Lizziz

Commendable
May 19, 2016

I'm very sorry for late replying. I've tried fresh re-install latest driver and remove dust, apply new thermal paste but it didn't work either. Bad news is my laptop was out of factory warranty T.T. Should i still get it to dell for fixed ?

TRENDING THREADS