Amd a-10 will it work on this laptop?

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
hi, i been looking around and i couldn't find weather the a10 was compatible with this laptop due to some saying it can work but if you have the specific chipset u get full performance from the a10.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7557369&CatId=4936

yes its a good processor but i want max for the laptop if it supports it cause i know in the end i will buy the upgrade for it.

Solution
The a8-4500m uses a BGA style package.
Basically, that means Ball Grid Array. The processor is soldered into the socket, and unless you have a VERY specialized machine, removal will NOT be an option.

For the mobile APU's, this applies to all of them. Replacement is not an option sorry.

06yfz450ridr

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
do you already have this laptop? if so you need to find out your mobo and find out the compatible cpus for it most likely on hps site. just throwing this out here if you didnt buy it hps suck stay away from their laptops. and if you are trying to go for more performance go intel even though the a10 is a pretty good apu

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
The a8-4500m uses a BGA style package.
Basically, that means Ball Grid Array. The processor is soldered into the socket, and unless you have a VERY specialized machine, removal will NOT be an option.

For the mobile APU's, this applies to all of them. Replacement is not an option sorry.

Solution

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
only reason why i am buying it cause its a 17 inch screen, and the laptop is affordable. as well im also looking for a laptop that has good built in speakers. if any one knows a laptop that has a 17 inch screen, with good speakers and amd processor a8 to a10.