AMD or Intel for Laptops/ HP or Toshiba

nenchusplyer24

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
I'm pretty sure this hasnt been answered but I am currently looking at computers at circuit city. The notebooks Im looking at are an HP Intel Core 2 duo T5450 and the AMD TL-58. Also am looking at the Toshiba Intel Core 2 duo T2310 and the Amd Tl-58. now I am looking for speed, and good battery life(1.5-2.5 hours are sufficient). I will be running alot of programs at once and dont really want any lag time and want it to be reliable. I'm having a really tuff time because I see that the speed of the Intels are 1.5 GHz and the AMD TL-58 is 1.9 GHz. They both have 2 GB ram. The Hp Intel has 2 mb L2 cache, 667 MHz bus speed, and 5400 rpm harddrive. The Hp AMD has 1 mb L2 cache, 1600 Mhz bus speed, and 5400 harddrive. The Toshiba's Intel has 2 mb L2 cache, 677 MHz bus speed, and 4600 rpm harddrive. The Toshiba's Amd has 1 mb L2 cache, 1600 MHz bus speed, and 4200 rpm harddrive. Sorry If this is alot but i dont really like asking people from circuit city or best buy or any other computer place because i know there in it for the money and dont have half the experience and knowledge of others. If anyone can answer this question that would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

It depends on what you are comparing the Turion to. A Turion X2 is about the equivalent of the Core Duo, but the Core2 pulls ahead. It's a tough thing to answer since almost no one does comparisons of mobile parts. Toms has a mobile CPU chart but it is woefully outdated and lacking. I think my vote would be for the Core2 HP.